Re: First Steps on a plugin

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Luca Invernizzi <invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Germán Gutiérrez <germang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks! It served me as a model to get started with it, I have a very
>> early draft, add only, jira backend, I'm slowly progressing with this
>> since I'm doing it on my spare time, which is too little  :)
>>
>> I started with the twitter backend as a model that seems very
>> simple... in fact it is batantly based on it
>>
>> BTW, Can you explain what SyncMeme is about?
>
> Hello German,
> the SyncMeme holds the relationship between the local GTG task, and
> the remote Jira task.
> In particular:
>  - it knows which GTG task is the local copy of which Jira task
>  - it knows what was the state of both tasks last time a sync happened.
> When a sync happens, the SyncEngine looks at the current status of
> local and remote tasks, and comparing that to the data in the
> SyncMeme, it decides which task should be updated/deleted/added.

Thanks for your help  :)

Nice! I'm really advanced in my jira plugin^Wbackend, I'm still having
some troubles, from most important to least:

- User / password is still hardcoded, I've put the _static_parameters
list, but no luck so far, I'll take a look on other plugins to sort
this out.
- I use a jira filter from my user to "extract" the list of jiras that
I want to work with, the problem with that is since the list of
filters are related to my user, is kind of tricky to put it in the
_static_parameters list (despite the fact that I have no idea how to
put some kind of select field in _static_parameters)
- I add tags following some criteria to every task, I see them in the
tags sidebar, but not in the task itself.

--
Saludos,
                         Germán

Delivering common sense since 1969 <Epoch Fail!>.

The Nature is not amiable; It treats impartially to all the things.
The wise person is not amiable; He treats all people impartially.