GTG no longer syncs with rememberthemilk.

I am using ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64 bit with the gtg daily repository.  I
recently noticed (within the last month or so) that all my tasks
disappeared, along with the ability to sync with RTM.

I have tried all the usual tricks - deleting my local data cache and config
(~./config and ~./local/cache/).  I seem to be able to re-authenticate with
the RTM server (at least the process completes without an error message),
and a sync appears to happen, but no tasks are visible in the gtg main
window.

I presume there has been another change to the RTM api which hasn't yet
caught up in the codebase, but I can't seem to find a bug addressing this
in launchpad.

Is my presumption correct?  Unfortunately gtg is relatively useless to me
without online sync, as I am frequently moving between machines and need to
keep my task list up to date no matter where I am.

I guess I am asking - are the devs aware of the issue and planning to (or
already) addressing it?  If someone could point me in the direction of a
bug report, I can try to help out.

If not, I will raise a new bug report, assuming of course that there is a
plan to re-establish RTM support in the future.

Thanks in advance,

MoLE

Follow ups