Remember the milk plugin

Developers^3, hi.
Seeing Paulo plugins-engine, I've decided to write a plugin for
synchronizing gtg with Remember the milk (www.rememberthemilk.com, you
have a blueprint for that). Currently, I'm in the phase where I can get  both
lists of tasks, and I'm deciding how to merge them.
Since RTM:
- does not have subtask
- does not have start date
- has a task description that is very similar to gtg
    task title (they support multiple notes per task, however),

it's not so trivial to me to see the best way to sync.
Up to now, my best idea is maintaining a table of GTG_TID <->RTM_TID.

Moreover, I'll need to store some data (namely, RTM api auth token):
    how should I do that to integrate smoothly with gtg architecture?
    Some kind of ~/.config/gtg/plugins/$PLUGIN_NAME directory?

Thanks in advance (and for the awesome work),

       Luca Invernizzi