Re: Remember the milk plugin

Hi Luca,

Nice to have someone contributing to this part. you're more than
welcome to work on this. Having multiple backend for synchronization
with online service is one of the goal of the next version of GTG.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Luca Invernizzi<invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Developers^3, hi.
> Seeing Paulo plugins-engine, I've decided to write a plugin for
> synchronizing gtg with Remember the milk (www.rememberthemilk.com, you
> have a blueprint for that). Currently, I'm in the phase where I can get  both
> lists of tasks, and I'm deciding how to merge them.
> Since RTM:
> - does not have subtask
> - does not have start date
> - has a task description that is very similar to gtg
>    task title (they support multiple notes per task, however),
>
> it's not so trivial to me to see the best way to sync.
> Up to now, my best idea is maintaining a table of GTG_TID <->RTM_TID.

Unfortunately, I have no clear ideas about that. In the near future,
tasks will be identified by their name (much like a wiki). Maybe
adopting a low-complexity text syntax that identifies text strings
that must be interpreted as links could help here. You could convert
GTG task and their links to a text-only syntax in RTM. Since I'm no
RTM user, I don't know if it is possible.

> Moreover, I'll need to store some data (namely, RTM api auth token):
>    how should I do that to integrate smoothly with gtg architecture?
>    Some kind of ~/.config/gtg/plugins/$PLUGIN_NAME directory?

using XDG folders is a perfectly correct solution. However, you should
use .config folder only for configuration information. If you have to
store data, you'd better use the .local/share/gtg folder.

> Thanks in advance (and for the awesome work),

Thanks for the kind words :-)