gufw-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #72444]: (G)UFW and Windows Network file/printer sharing

Question #72444 on Gufw changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+question/72444

Neilor proposed the following answer:
>From the shell enter :

sudo ufw allow Samba
sudo ufw allow from any app Samba

These rules will then show up when you load Gufw.

If you want to delete the rules (current Gufw wont delete the rules):

sudo ufw delete allow Samba
sudo ufw delete allow from any app Samba

And if you want to re-add the rules with ip range/subnet specified:

sudo ufw allow 192.168.0.0/24 to any app Samba
sudo ufw allow from any app Samba to 192.168.0.0/24

(Deleting is achieved by putting delete before allow on the two
commands)

The app Samba option uses ufw supplied application support to open the 4
samba ports... check the ufw man pages for details. I open both
directions on the firewall for my desktop as I need to open
shares/printers up, if your configuring a server you could probably get
away with just the first command in the sets of 2 above.

Hope this helps

Neilor.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gufw
Developers, which is an answer contact for Gufw.