holland-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: Status of the holland development

Hi Christopher!

Hmm yeah that site is in dire need of updating, but Holland is still getting updates, which you can find via the Github project:

https://github.com/holland-backup/holland/

Builds for the 1.0 branch are here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup/

It's not updated as often as it used to be partly because it is fairly mature at this point if you want to do mysqldump, LVM, LVM with mysqldump, or Xtrabackup style database backups. Also perhaps partly due to having a fairly small group of core developers (arguably these days 1 or 2), though is open source if you had any interest in working with it at that level.

While it was originally largely written to target MySQL backups, Holland is pluggable and has some support for PostgreSQL, flat file backups and other things. I use Holland everyday for both home and work (including in production) for both MariaDB and file backups, for example.

Hope that helps!

Tim