holland-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: Status of the holland development

Hello Christopher,

While we could do a better job maintaining the hollandbackup.org website, most of the work happens in GitHub, where Holland is actively maintained.

This software is in use and widely deployed (primary at Rackspace), where many MySQL users rely on Holland for their nightly backup across different versions of MySQL (and forks) and several Linux distros.

Most users install the latest version via RHEL or CentOS using the EPEL repository, which has the latest version:

# rpm -qi holland-1.0.14-1.el6.noarch
Name        : holland                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0.14                            Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.el6                         Build Date: Mon 21 Nov 2016 07:13:21 PM UTC
Install Date: Fri 27 Jan 2017 08:22:31 PM UTC      Build Host: buildvm-ppc64-10.ppc.fedoraproject.org
Group       : Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: holland-1.0.14-1.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 1119724                          License: BSD
Signature   : RSA/8, Mon 21 Nov 2016 07:27:50 PM UTC, Key ID 3b49df2a0608b895
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://hollandbackup.org
Summary     : Pluggable Backup Framework
Description :
A pluggable backup framework which focuses on, but is not limited to, highly
configurable database backups.

Debian and Ubuntu packages are also available via the "Download" on the webpage and are built in SUSE OBS:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup/xUbuntu_16.04/

Please submit any bug reports or pull requests via GitHub and thanks for your interest.
~mg