holland-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Precise

That does not look like the right package.  Specifically the 12.04
packages do not depend on python-support (which has been deprecated
and is only available in universe/multiverse as of 12.04).   Did you
change the repo you are pulling holland packages from?

You should see output similar to the following:

# dpkg-query -s holland
Package: holland
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 881
Maintainer: Andrew Garner <andrew.garner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.0.6-2
Depends: python2.7, python (>= 2.7.1-0ubuntu2), python (<< 2.8),
python-pkg-resources
Conffiles:
 /etc/holland/providers/README 97cd5eaaf744abe246f0ca50b2967baf
 /etc/holland/README 8af16da4365b3259942dc92290f54255
 /etc/holland/backupsets/default.conf fcfbeee2239f21c5f8054c944c950896
 /etc/holland/holland.conf 7ca812fac81e67e938dc676a4f65f457
 /etc/logrotate.d/holland 1f8b8ce6756da9b05ff5bc9191e8c5aa
 Pluggable backup framework which focuses on, but is not limited to, highly
 configurable database backups.

The new package that drops the python-support dependency is available
for 12.04 in the holland-backup:staging repos here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup:/staging/xUbuntu_12.04/

So you'll want to have a list file similar to:

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/holland.list
deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup:/staging/xUbuntu_12.04/
./