holland-discuss team mailing list archive

Ubuntu support

I am finally finding some time to gear up for a holland 1.0.8 release which
is forthcoming.  I have staging packages on OBS built for rhel/fedora, and
hashing through the minor debian/ubuntu issues.

Does anyone have any input on how far back we need to support ubuntu
distributions?  I am hoping to deprecate the old python-support dependency
based packages so I am not maintaining multiple package formats and use the
simpler packages we started building for 12.04.

This package format lets us support back to at least oneiric/11.10 easily -
is this sufficient?   This will only affect whether we push new holland
updates to old distributions.  I.e. holland 1.0.8 would only support
oneiric+.

I rarely use holland on ubuntu, so perhaps someone who does can provide
some input on what they would like to see.

~Andy

Follow ups