holland-discuss team mailing list archive

Documentation Refactor

I stupidly put this into the same branch I was working on with rsync, but that can be peeled off without too much fuss if needed:

https://github.com/m00dawg/holland

Here's a preview:

http://moocowproductions.org/tmp/build/html/index.html

Basically I pulled out Providers into their own section in the TOC instead of trying to explain what they did and then have them configured elsewhere. It means the actual Configuration bits need a bit more work, but I otherwise like it much better this way. Once people know the Holland concepts, it should be a matter of finding what provider they want to use, and I thought that was a bit difficult to do.

I also elaborated on some sections. I think it's worth more elaboration in places (such as better explanation of the directory approach Holland uses for backups, and much more explanation on what each provider does). But before I did all that, I thought I'd better stop here to make sure this idea was something we thought was a worthy direction to take the documentation.

Thoughts would be appreciated!

Tim