hudson-ubuntu-users team mailing list archive

Jenkins 1.396 testing package available now!

Morning Everyone

Well its taken me nearly 3.5 months but I have finally managed to get a
built-from-source (well almost - see [0]) Jenkins into the Hudson Ubuntu
Packagers testing PPA [1].

A few points to note:

        By default Jenkins includes plugins for Maven, Subversion, CVS
        and SSH slaves.  The Maven plugin is currently un-buildable from
        source as it depends on Maven 3 which is a long way off yet in
        Debian (and hence Ubuntu).  The other three I will aim to
        package and include by default but not for this version.

        I've done some general testing of the package and it seems to
        work OK but it could do with a broader work-out to capture any
        other Debian packaging issues which I have not spotted yet.  The
        build process does not currently run unit or integration tests
        for Jenkins - I will be looking at this as well.

        At this point in time you can still use the web application to
        download and install plugins; I'm going to look at making this
        feature configurable rather than removing it - this is also on
        my TODO list.

Please report any issues on this mailing list; the contents
of /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log would be useful as well to support
diagnosis and resolution of any issues.

Enjoy

James

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Specs/HudsonSpec/HudsonPackages