hudson-ubuntu-users team mailing list archive

Jenkins PPA Updates

Afternoon Everyone

Over the last week I've made a few changes to the Jenkins package and
uploaded some new plugin packages that should make things a little more
use-able.

1) Plugins

   * jenkins-ssh-slaves-plugin
   * jenkins-ec2-plugin
   * jenkins-bazaar-plugin
   * jenkins-url-change-plugin

Note that you can still download and install plugins from the Jenkins
UI; I still need to work on making this configurable.

2) Jenkins Tomcat

jenkins-tomcat is now available; this installs and configures Jenkins on
a Tomcat 6 instance.  Access it in (almost) the normal way on
http://<hostname>:8080/jenkins.

You can still run Jenkins standalone using the embedded web container by
using the jenkins package.

3) Jenkins Slave

jenkins-slave provides a helper package to a) get the basic dependencies
installed to make a Jenkins slave work and b) provide upstart
configuration for starting a slave from the slave rather than from
Jenkins.

Option b) is useful when the Jenkins master server does not have direct
network access to the slave nodes; they can initiate the connection to
the master rather than the other way round (as you might do with the
ssh-slaves-plugin).  By default this is disabled -
see /etc/init/jenkins-slave.conf on how to setup this up.

You can find all of these packages at [0] - if you need a reminder on
how to install see [1].

I've started a page on wiki.ubuntu.com (see [2]) to gather useful
information about the packages in the PPA; please feel free to
update/add as required.

It would be great to get some feedback on the packaging as it stands
today.

hggdh and I are planning to migrate the existing Hudson instance running
Ubuntu ISO Testing to a new ec2 instance running this version of Jenkins
in the next few days - will let you know how it goes....

Cheers

James

[0] http://pad.lv/ppa/hudson-ubuntu/testing
[1]