hudson-ubuntu-users team mailing list archive

Re: Issues With jenkins-slave package

Hi Marjo

> 1. It doesn't work against a Hudson master.
> 2. Seems to be downloading slave.jar from the wrong location, might have
> to be http://host:8080//jnlpJars/slave.jar, instead of
> http://host:8080//slave.jar.
> 3. File downloaded should be slave.jar, not .slave.jar. Could be a typo.
>
> I was able to start the slave manually, using the following command
> against the local Jenkins master.
>
> > java -jar http://localhost:8080//jnlpJars/slave.jar -jnlpUrl
> http://localhost:8080/computer/marjo-A0751h/slave-agent.jnlp

I like the look of this (nice and efficient).

'll look into the issues you had and do a bit of refactoring to make the
start-slave.sh script a) work and b) work better.

Lookout for a ~test16 shortly after the weekend.

> The Jenkins installation went very smoothly. No problems noted.

Excellent!

Thanks for taking some time to try things out....

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team