Re: HP Presario CQ36-113tx discrete graphics getting in the way of start up (2010 model)

Looks very similar but the biggest difference is the CPU has the
graphics chip on it, as I have not popped the case of this laptop yet.
I do not know if the motherboard has the display connections or the
discrete board does.

On 08/03/2010, at 7:32 PM, Albert Vilella <avilella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> also, if you have time, I think it's worth to subscribe to this team
> and ask if anyone has a solution:
> https://launchpad.net/~dv4z
> This laptop "z" series features a discrete ATI graphics card and comes
> with different screen size configurations
> (dv2/dv4/dv5/dv6/dv7/Compaq-CQ4x
>
> yours is a cq36, but I am guessing it's similar to CQ4x
> configurations.
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Albert Vilella <avilella@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> oh, right. Yes, you need to run a few commands on a terminal to
>> produce the DSDT.dsl file.
>> have you tried ubuntu lucid alpha3 live cd on safe-graphics mode? I
>> think it's F2 menu or something like that...
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:18 AM, William Dutton
>> <will.dutt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> i've only been able to collect information that i have been able
>>> to garner
>>> without logging into the system as i can't see what i'm doing. is
>>> the
>>> DSDT.dsl pre made or do you need to generate it from the command