Re: first DSDT.dsl for an nvidia optimus laptop

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Albert Vilella <avilella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We had the first DSDT.dsl submission for an nvidia optimus laptop this week.
> Ccing to the list so that hopefully someone can have a look and give
> some insights into what kind of technology is behind nvidia optimus:

I'm not sure what you mean by technology is behind optimus, optimus
is just like the other laptops, collecting DSDT isn't going to help, sorry.

Optimus is pretty much the old hardware, with the hardware mux removed
(or just ignored) and a lot of software on top of it. We don't need DSDTs, we
 really need people who are going to actually figure stuff out, like we still
don't know with all the old DSDTs collected how to turn the mux between
IGD/DIS or how to the access the discrete ROM on the nvidia/nvidia solutions.

Dave.