hybrid graphics-linux info

greetings,

I am very interested in your joining the team, and followed all the
information listed on the page
https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux... the results of the
commands you asked for follow this little
introduction - of note here, I see that this project is for Google Summer of
Code, and that you are looking to provide support for X.org Open Source
PRIME multi-gpu support. This is a great endevor, and I applaude you for
undertaking this project. I have the recently released Alienware M11x, which
has dual GPUs = an internal intel 4500HD (Mobile Intel  GS45 Chipset), and a
discrete NVIDIA Geforce GT 335M - this laptop came out in March 2010, and
currently you cannot switch between GPU's within linux as a reboot is
required. btw the laptop does NOT have optimus, but I'm hoping I can be of
help with yr project still. I've tried the recent kernels with no luck so I
am hoping that I can help out with any debugging, testing and
troubleshooting needed. I have never coded drivers, but am a longtime linux
user - I hope to be of assistance. now on with the show!

> sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name
M11x

> sudo dmidecode -s system-version
A01

> lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if /^\d+\:.+(\[\S+\:\S+\])/' | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a42] (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Device
[10de:0caf] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

--
see the fnords

Follow ups