Re: ASUS K52J

2010/6/28 Iliya Kartashov <root@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi again Michal!
>
> I did some mistake in previous letter...

Hi, I'm sorry for not attaching any help file, I was kind of in a hurry :-[

They are ment to be used like this:

cat on > /proc/acpi/call
cat off > /proc/acpi/call

I wrote those two command names in files because I was lazy and didn't
want to write them out everytime.

> After insmod your kerel module and executing calls I get:
>
> # echo '\_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0.DOFF' > /proc/acpi/call
> -bash: echo: write error: Function not implemented
>
> # echo '\_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0.DON' > /proc/acpi/call
> -bash: echo: write error: Function not implemented
>
> What is wrong?

The commands in those two files are specific to my laptop (as I
understand it). They appear in my DSDT.dsl , which I got by following
the guide on http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/ :

sudo apt-get install acpidump iasl
sudo acpidump > acpidump.txt
sudo acpixtract acpidump.txt
iasl -d DSDT.dat

Either look the names up in your DSDT.dsl file, or try one of these
methods: http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/2010/06/and-one-more.html