Re: ASUS K52J

 On 28/06/2010 00:54, Michal Kottman wrote:
Although I cannot use the NVIDIA in Ubuntu 10.10 right now, at least I
wanted to turn it off, so it drains less battery.

I've created a simple module (http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call  )
that allows to call ACPI methods by writing to /proc/acpi/call, mainly
to test out the methods listed on
http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/

I can confirm that \_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0.DOFF and \_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0.DON
turn the NVIDIA card off and on respectively. A test run showing
acpi_call in action is attached as acpi_call_test.txt

Hi all,

I confirm that your module (first version posted) works fine with my setup:
Asus N61JV-JX011V
GeForce GT325M + Intel GMA HD
Archlinux kernel 2.6.34 with Openbox

It stopped the nvidia GF card successfully using the "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0._OFF" method.
I made a picture 'battery capacity vs time' just to illustrate the effect.
During my tests, I had always the same applications working plus wifi.
The gain in time increased from 1h40 to 2h20 approximately, which is very cool!

Thx a lot Michal.