Re: Switching for 2010 MBP 6,2 - SUCCESS

Hey everyone,
after even more try and error I managed to find out how to control the gmux. It works just like powering off the card, using outps. Setting port 710 to 2 switches the display connection to the igp, setting it to 3 switches back to the nvidia gpu. Port 740 controls the edid? lines and takes the same arguments.

At the moment the basic switching procedure looks like this: Boot with i915.modeset = 0, set the mux to integrated, modprobe -r i915, modprobe nouveau, modprobe i915. Now nouveau complains that there are no connected displays and i915 finds the lcd.
One remaining problem is that the vbios for i915 is still missing so the output is streched. But apart from that I'm quite happy with it as even X starts.

Also, how could this be integrated with the rest of vga_switcheroo? It's totally different from the dsm method in nouveau_acpi.c.