Re: Success with Alienware M11X-R2 w Optimus & Asus N61

Well done George with the work on the acpi call previously ,gave me some
ideas on the debug filesystems.

I have also found some information in dumps of these FACS ,SSDT's after
dumping these files to files and compiling
into dsdt format ,as per below .

cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SLIC >  file
cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT1 > file
cat /sys/firware/acpi/tables/FADT > file

Then iasl -tc file

Nvidia ACPI #####################################

I have found the end user libraries from the proprietary drivers of some
help especially the acpi driver in the kernel directory ,see extracted
version in 256.# ,i think we can use some of this in relation to the end
user agreement and for for purpose ,calls to WMMX and other are relevant
with the Asus N61 laptop ,not sure about the others .

Just a quick one on the asus n61 ,i have found the call that switches
the screen off ,this is related to switching functions
and can be used with X multiseat or prime options later ,the command for
the N61 is ,still working with the eco functions as they are linked to
battery condition and video controls .

echo -e '\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0._Q10'  > /proc/acpi/call

Function key and the F7 key will return the screen as i havent found the
acpi command to turn it back on yet .

Cheers