2 Interesting ACPI_Calls on Asus U43JC

Been trying to learn ACPI via the acpi_call kernel module.  I experimented
with the DSDT.dsl output, and found two commands that brighten and darken
the laptop LCD.  (Asus U43JC Ubuntu 10.10 RC 64bit)

echo "\_SB.PCI0.RP00.VGA.UPBL" > /proc/acpi/call
echo "\_SB.PCI0.RP00.VGA.DWBL" > /proc/acpi/call

I've not found anything else useful.  (Well, something messed up my laptop
enough to prevent it from turning back on. I had to remove the battery and
power before it would power up again. :(   )

Nor do I seem to be able to pass parameters.  According to the acpi_call
source code, I should be able to pass integers or hex integers separated by
spaces.  i.e.  echo "\_SB.PCI0.RP00.VGA.DWBL 0x00" > /proc/acpi/call  but
this always fails.

The DSDT tells how many parameters its expecting on the Method line:

Method (_FUN, 1, Serialized)

Scope seems to define the ACPI tree the Method works in.

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.VGA)

Anyway, still learning ACPI, would like to experiment more, but am not
succeeding in passing parameters to acpi_call

Am I missing something or doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Abe

Follow ups