Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with gentoo

Sebastian,

I have very much the same setup as you (T410s with Gentoo x86-32 running
Tuxonice 2.6.35), and if I understand your post correctly, I've had
similar results.

I have been able to power the discrete graphics up and down (using the
ACPI call method) only with the BIOS set to integrated. I've attached a
short script I wrote to toggle power for the discrete graphics. I rarely
use it because I almost always run with the discrete graphics enabled in
the BIOS.

I had no luck at all getting vgaswitcheroo to work. I did have much
trouble with framebuffer in that the kernel/xorg settings because it
seems that there is a very narrow set of config options that allow
switching from one to the other, even in the BIOS.

My German is rusty; however, I'll take a closer look at your how-to
later today or tomorrow.

-Will

P.S. I have almost all my hardware functioning (I haven't bothered with
the camera yet); I'll send you my email address if you have any hardware
questions.