Re: enabling nvidia Asus U43JC by blacklisting intel chip

Nuno:
> As far as I know it is optimus:

I have the U43JC, and as far as *I* know it is Optimus.  I don't see a
button for switching, so there you go...

I wonder how far we are from a true switching solution for Optimus,
where the discrete card is actually turned off when not in use.
Currently I have the nvidia card disabled and turned off completely
because battery life is more important to me, but I'd like to be able
to use it now and then (if the binary drivers work, that is).

Adolfo