Re: Linux hybrid graphics card

Hi Davide,

(ccing to the maiiling list)

Have you tried to follow the instructions here?
https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux

You can try it by installing the module and calling it like this:
git clone http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call.git
cd acpi_call
make
sudo insmod acpi_call.ko
./test_off.sh
If you see a "works!" message, it's working. On an unplugged laptop,
clicking on the battery indicator before and after running the test.sh
script, should show a difference of about an extra 1-3 hours battery
life.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM, f_dav@xxxxxxxxx <f_dav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Albert my name is Davide I use Linux for 6 years with satisfaction,
> unfortunately, I bought a laptop model asus k52j with hybrid card intel/nvidia
> I would like to run the nvidia card even without the dynamic switch.
> I read that it would be possible with acpi_call but I can not understand the
> steps that I do
> You can have a more detailed guide to e-mail?
> How should I use the file "makefile" which is a file. Htm?

Follow ups