Re: Linux hybrid graphics card

On Friday 19 November 2010 14:05:37 Albert Vilella wrote:
> Hi Davide,
>
> (ccing to the maiiling list)
>
> Have you tried to follow the instructions here?
> https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux
>
> You can try it by installing the module and calling it like this:
> git clone http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call.git
> cd acpi_call
> make
> sudo insmod acpi_call.ko
> ./test_off.sh
> If you see a "works!" message, it's working. On an unplugged laptop,
> clicking on the battery indicator before and after running the test.sh
> script, should show a difference of about an extra 1-3 hours battery
> life.

You are not really answering him.
He wants to use his nvidia card, not to shut it down.
I saw only one interesting mail about this real issue on this mailing list, and
no one ever answered this mail :
https://lists.launchpad.net/hybrid-graphics-linux/msg00263.html
I hope we hear a lot from this johnny and I really hope he'll succeed.
To sum up for f_dav : so far, no way to use your nVidia card, you can only shut
it down using this acpi_call thing.

 Pierre