Re: Asus 1215N success

And it is, on Nvidia foruns:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2183477#post2183477
"*We have no plans to support Optimus on Linux at this time."*

Besides, a quick google about it will show a lot of people talking about the
lack of optimus suport on linux, even on linux distributions specific foruns
and Wikis.

Optimus is very "new", and developing is being made to try to suport Optimus
on linux, but that require a lot of changes, even on XOrg.

I think the true problem is people buying these laptops (or whatever)
running optimus, and assuming that it will work on linux because the great
drivers for other GPUs. A quick check on nvidia drivers would show that it
is not true. But most people prefer to ask on a forum or a mailing list and
save the "work" to use a search engine to find the answer.

But yes, maybe someone with access may put that message somewhere relative
to this mailing list :) that would save a lot of emails about it I guess.