Re: Asus 1215N success

I've edited the text in the
https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux page to better reflect
the current status:
---------------
STATUS:
There is support for most ATI/Intel hybrid configurations via the
vga_switcheroo code and open-source graphics drivers (2.6.35 onwards).

There is ongoing work to support Nvidia Optimus/Intel hybrid
configurations for nouveau drivers:
http://airlied.livejournal.com/74176.html

Switching for Nvidia/Intel configurations via a reboot can be achieved
for specific laptop models / BIOS versions. The acpi_call module helps
in switching off the discrete graphics card while Linux loads through
the Intel chipset. Only specific laptop models are able to switch to
pre-Windows7 "compatible" BIOS mode so that the OS can see the nvidia
graphics card. This is the only way to load the nvidia binary drivers
so far.
------

Maybe we could go through the mailing list and take note of the
laptops that can have the nvidia binary drivers working. I know the
latest Asus U30, U33, U43, U53 models  can do that, using the
"compatible" BIOS option, and the Sony Vaio z-series models have a
similar system, but there are more models out there that have this
pre-Windows7 mode.

Comments?