User willing to provide debbuging info

Hi there!
I'm a relatively new user of Ubuntu (Maverik)and the first thing that
got in my way is the impossibility of using my brand new Dell Vostro
3500 at the top of its capabilities.
I'm trying to switch to open-source/free-software completely and the
only things that are pulling me down are: The lack of a 3d parametric
solid modeller (i'm waiting for the FreeCad project to improve), and the
use of this Optimus thing... grrr, damn nVidia... and Window$(-hit).

Ok I'm available for testing almost everything by now and i will
cooperate in the most of my efforts.

Thank you for making our way through this.

My laptop model with the output of the console commands:
Vostro 3500
system-version: Not Specified
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core
Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 18) (prog-if
00 [VGA controller])
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GT218
[GeForce 310M] [10de:0a75] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

--
Joaquín Aramendía