Re: testing HP Pavilion dm4t-1000 acpi off, various drivers and i need explanation of bios options

On 09.02.2011 12:03, Anton Velo wrote:
Yes, it's strange as log seems fine. Even with the warning, the busid seem to be selected fine "(II) fglrx(0): [uki] created "fglrx" driver at busid "PCI:1:0:0" )". and the LVDS panel properly detected and configured "Output LVDS using initial mode 1366x768" and "Setting screen physical size to 361 x 203". I mainly suspect about brightness because of _BQC in syslog "[Firmware Bug]: ACPI: ACPI brightness control misses _BQC function" (http://www.andreas-demmer.de/en/2010/07/18/testbericht-linux-auf-dem-hp-envy-14/), or modeset...
Well brightness is not the problem because I am able to control it myself and nothing happens. The screen is well lit, but without picture. It looks like in-between switching from console to graphics mode.

Maybe Intel is driving the console and is working properly and ATI is not able to switch the output when required. This is probably a bug, and if it is and if enough people report it to ATI it might be solved soon.