ASUS N53Jn report

Running on an ASUS N53Jn w/ Ubuntu 10.10

The test_off.sh script works fine, but I get 2 freezes
        - from shuting down if I do not turn the card back on beforehand

        - from starting Skype with the card off. I can use skype w/o
        problem with nvidia card off or on, but the starting up has to
        be done with the card ON.

All in all great results, saving more thant 1 hour battery life.

        rasp@ubuntu:~$ lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if /^\d+\:.+(\[\S
        +\:\S+\])/' | grep VGA

        00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core
        Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 18)
        (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

        01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation
        GT215 [GeForce GT 335M] [10de:0caf] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)

        rasp@ubuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name && sudo
        dmidecode -s system-version

        N53Jn
        1.0

Side question, I can't get compiz to run with effects with the
integrated chip, any ideas ? I have xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package
installed (I think it was by default), and no xorg.conf file, here is
the output from a term :

        rasp@ubuntu:~$ compiz
        Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
        Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
        Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
        compiz (core) - Fatal: glXCreateContext failed
        compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
        compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on
        display :0.0

        Launching fallback window manager

Also should I attach my DSDT.dsl report to an email here ?

Regards,
Romain

Follow ups