Re: ASUS N53Jn report

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:14 AM, Romain Knezevic
<romainknezevic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Running on an ASUS N53Jn w/ Ubuntu 10.10
>
> The test_off.sh script works fine, but I get 2 freezes
>        - from shuting down if I do not turn the card back on beforehand

I think I get the same behaviour with Ubuntu 11.04, but need to
verify.  Would like to know how to get useful debugging information if
this is the case.

<snip>

> Side question, I can't get compiz to run with effects with the
> integrated chip, any ideas ? I have xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package
> installed (I think it was by default), and no xorg.conf file, here is
> the output from a term :

Afaik, you will not be able to use the NVidia card at all.  You will
be using the Intel graphics card.  I too have an Asus notebook
(u33jc), and am using Ubuntu 11.04 w/ Unity (which requires Compiz)
running just fine.  Also, in the BIOS there is an option to use
graphics for "Windows 7 / Vista" or "Other".  You must use the
"Windows 7 / Vista" option or else you just get framebuffer support.

Hope this is helpful.

- Pete