Fwd: Noob Guidance Requested: Vostro 3400

Forwarding to the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff <durango8113@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Hybrid-graphics-linux] Noob Guidance Requested: Vostro 3400
To: Gonzalo <xgonzalo@xxxxxxxxx>

To clarify:  I was saying the effect of listing a piece of hardware as
"certified" that is clearly no longer certifiable due to Dell product
changes, causes a bad experience that reflects bad on ubuntu, even if it
isn't their fault/fair.

I'm just trying to prevent other people from buying the "wrong" laptop
with the expectation it's been pre-vetted for use with Ubuntu 10.x when
it's not.

Without trying to add to the frustration we all have with certain
manufacturers ,at least Dell ? has certified this laptop ,so why not
engage Dell ,who are obvious forward thinkers ? ,to see what they may do
,or invite them to this list .

This might achieve what no other manufacturer has done ( except maybe hp
& ibm in limited form) to lean on their
relationship with nvidia ,which is what is needed to get the optimus
working under linux.

I dont believe this launchpad is a forum .
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Jeff (https://launchpad.net/~umanjiau113asusnosupportnix)

#  Gonzalo Gorosito