Re: Ubuntu call for testing: nVidia cards

Hi,

unfortunately, at this point, there is basically no support provided by
nVidia for Optimus on Linux/Xorg (and apparently, no intent to in the
future). Since the testing for the QA is all about the proprietary drivers,
nothing will work on our laptops, since installing/activating those nVidia
drivers will result in breaking the init of the X server.

All testing for QA would result in the same issue in the nvidia part of this
group, so... The best we can probably do is filling a global bug about it,
as Launchpad doesn't really have one at this point.

*[Photon]*