Re: Switchable graphics: proprietary ATI drivers support.

Will cut out some bits to get to what I found interesting:

I have an Intel/ATI laptop with switchable graphics. It is a HP dv6
and there is not bios option to force the use of a specific card.
If I use radeon drivers I can switch between discrete and integrated
but when using discrete I get not 3D acceleration (glxinfo reports
direct rendering: yes but mesa renderer).
Right - I have a HP Pavillion dm4 with same configuration but when I installed the Radeon drivers all I got was a very very black screen... no response whatsoever.
What distro, version are you using? Which version of Radeon did you install?

I am on Kubuntu 10.10 but am considering installing Natty Alpha as it has the latest kernel and I hope switching might work after that

Regards
Sinclair