Re: video_switch tool

@Alex

I do, indeed, see how the discrete card is turned off thanks to you

pol@lunabox:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan [Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series] (rev ff)

Until you said that Rev(ff) means it's turned off, I wasn't able to check if it really was off, mainly because when I check the battery state I get a lot of 'unknown' fields:

pol@lunabox:~$ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          discharging
present rate:            unknown
remaining capacity:      3369 mAh
present voltage:         unknown

Also, I checked the switch-between-cards script but I always get both of them ON, and trying to turn them OFF does nothing but show a notification (if I re-run the script it shows both ON again).

As a project for my studies I am -sort of- developing a tool to switch between cards using the acpi_call method but graphically as Windows boxes do.

Thanks,
Paul
Hello Michael!

Have you already tried the testoff.sh script?
If it works, you should see a much lower battery drain rate. You can
also look at your card in lspci, if Rev(xx) is changed to Rev(ff) the
card is off.

greetings
Alex