Anyone with progress with Alienware M11xR2?

I have heard there was some progress in getting the nVidia GPU to work but have been unable to find any information here or in various forums. While I am generally okay with using only the Intel video on my machine, there is a problem when trying to connect an external monitor to it through the displayport. (When using displayport to VGA or displayport to DVI, I can only get 1024x768 as the kernel reports there is a problem with data collected from any given monitor I use. But when I connect the same monitor(s) directly to from displayport to displayport, it works perfectly at the appropriate native resolution for the monitor.)

So I would like to be able to use the nVidia GPU and hopefully, I will be able to use external display devices as well.