Re: Testers needed - intel/nvidia nouveau working with github.com/awilliam module

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Antonin Delpeuch <antonin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Update : asus-switcheroo loads everytime now (I just managed to make it load
> earlier). Resolution problems are fixed (they were due to a buggy intel
> driver).
> Switching to the discrete card freezes the laptop, now.

I've found netconsole good for debugging these if you have a wired
network you can plug into and another system to monitor the laptop.
On Fedora, I load it using this:

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/modules/netconsole.modules
#!/bin/sh
modprobe netconsole
netconsole=6665@192.168.1.240/eth0,9666@192.168.1.82/00:26:2d:f3:e8:cf

Then I monitor it from the other system using:

$ nc -l -u 9666

Note that firewalls can prevent the log from getting through, so
either open the port the remote system listens on (9666 in this case)
or turn off the firewall (service iptables stop).

Alex