Re: bumblebee v1.0 has been released... updated script and new name...

Hi...

First of all.. you sent me the wrong log file :D...

try doing a "modprobe nvidia-current" and then "/etc/init.d/xdm-optimus start"

Fra: "Luis Z" <luisgls@xxxxxxxxx>
Til: "Martin Juhl" <mj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Héctor Franqui" <hfzorman@xxxxxxxxx>, hybrid-graphics-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendt: tirsdag, 10. maj 2011 23:32:14
Emne: Re: [Hybrid-graphics-linux] bumblebee v1.0 has been released... updated script and new name...

Ive been having the same issue still.
I erase any VGL leftover on my bashrc but the problem seems to be that is not loading the nvidia module.
I think there is a problem with the nvidia driver/ or module.

optirun64 glxgears:
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":1".
[VGL] WARNING: VirtualGL attempted and failed to obtain a Pbuffer-enabled
[VGL] 24-bit visual on the 3D X server :1. If the application
[VGL] subsequently fails, then make sure that the 3D X server is configured
[VGL] for 24-bit color and has accelerated 3D drivers installed.
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

the xorg.0.log dont even try to load the module and when I force the xorg file to read nvidia instead of the intel device it doesnt get to the login screen. It goes to black when booting the OS.
I checked the xorg.log going through recovery mode and I found out that it is not recognizing the nvidia module.

I do sudo modprobe nvidia:
FATAL: module nvidia not found.

I checked if i have any blackilsted nvidia and I dont.

Also, I tried the solution that Luis suggested purging all previous intances of turbojpeg, xdm and vglclient, and rerun the script.

After runnning bumblebee script, is there any extra config that I should do in xorg.conf or other archive?

I m posting my xorg.0.log again after a clean install of bumblebee on my vostro 3400.
Thanks