Asus Switcheroo vs acpi_call

Hi all,
I have an Asus K53SV and Ubuntu 11.04. I'd just like to switch off the Nvidia card, in order to avoid useless power consumption.

I tried the acpi_call and asus switcheroo. The results are:

acpi_call: it works well, the power consumption goes from 24-25W to 11-12W.
Problems:
- My system fan starts running at its max speed (can't really imagine why!)

asus swicheroo: it works, the power consumption goes from 24-25W to 17W.
Problems:
1) it's needed to be the root user to echo to the /sys/kernel/debug/vga-switcheroo/switch (sudo isn't sufficient). So how to start this script automatically? 2) when I shutdown or reboot, the computer hangs and I have to do an hard shutdown
3) it really doesn't reduce the power consumption as acpi_call script does.

As I understood, bumblebee doesn't switch the nvidia card at all, right?
I'd really like to use the acpi_call, as it's the best...but I can't because of that fan problem.

Any suggestion? Thanks

Follow ups