Re: [ANNOUNCE] Build-Your-Own-Switcheroo (byo-switcheroo)

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Ted <tedr56@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hy Alex,
> I'm trying your new byo-switcheroo module but I have a ununderstanding
> about the two switchers.
> If I understand well I have to disable asus-switcheroo to make the
> byo-switcheroo running?

That's correct, there can only be one switcheroo handler, first to
register wins.

> I finally get the byo-switcheroo manual modprobe successfull but in
> normal launch of the system the two switchers launched and the
> byo-switcheroo gave a "BYO-switcheroo failed to register handler" error.

That means a handler was already registered.

> But when I put asus-switcheroo and asus_switcheroo in blacklist.conf, it
> still appears in lsmod.
> If you can give me a clue on this?

Don't forget to rebuild your initramfs and also fix the modprobe.d
line that manually loads asus-switcher before nouveau (you probably
just want to convert that to byo-switcheroo).

> ps: do I need to insert the asus-switcheroo.conf content about intel and
> nouveau jprobe into the byo-switcheroo.conf? I already put the nouveau
> --ignore-install but not nouveau jprobe.

The fixes those modules apply are still relevant, so if you want them,
yes.  To recap on their purpose; i915-jprobe prevents the lid notifier
running when switch to discrete graphics.  If you have intel
integrated graphics and want to use DIS > switch, you need this.
nouveau-jprobe disable the nouveau interrupt handler while the device
is powered off, so if you want to use integrated graphics and nouveau
is loaded for your discrete graphics, you want this.  Thanks,

Alex