Re: switching cards on bumblebee, dell vostro 3500

Thanks, here are the scripts, but as I mentioned I just copied them from the
documentation.

#!/bin/bash
# This script should contain the command(s) nessesary to switch on the
# nVidia card.
# As an example i've included the script for the Dell Vostro 3500, provided
by pauloxnet..
# Please note that the acpi_call module is need for these operations:
#
#
http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/2010/07/using-acpicall-module-to-switch-onoff.html

modprobe acpi_call

if ! lsmod | grep -q acpi_call; then
    echo "Error: acpi_call module not loaded"
    exit
fi

acpi_call () {
    echo "$*" > /proc/acpi/call
    result=$(cat /proc/acpi/call)
    case "$result" in
     Error*)
      echo "Enabling nVidia Card failed ($result)."
      ;;
     *)
      echo "Enabling nVidia Card Succeded."
     ;;
    esac
}

echo _PS0 $(acpi_call "_SB.PCI0.POP1.PEGP._OFF")
modprobe nvidia-current

#!/bin/bash
# This script should contain the command(s) nessesary to switch off the
# nVidia card.
# As an example i've included the script for the Dell Vostro 3500, provided
by pauloxnet..
# Please note that the acpi_call module is need for these operations:
#
#
http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/2010/07/using-acpicall-module-to-switch-onoff.html

rmmod nvidia
if lsmod | grep -q nvidia; then
 echo "Error: could not unload nvidia module, leaving card turned on"
 exit
fi
modprobe acpi_call

if ! lsmod | grep -q acpi_call; then
    echo "Error: acpi_call module not loaded"
    exit
fi

acpi_call () {
    echo "$*" > /proc/acpi/call
    result=$(cat /proc/acpi/call)
    case "$result" in
     Error*)
      echo "Disabling nVidia Card failed ($result)."
      ;;
     *)
      echo "Disabling nVidia Card
Succeded."