Fwd: MSI FX720-001us

I have a Dell XPS L502X. I have been able to get acpi_call working - I
think.

$ ./test_off.sh
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB_.PCI0.OVGA.ATPX: failed
Trying \_SB_.PCI0.OVGA.XTPX: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P3.PEGP._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P1.PEGP._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.MXR0.MXM0._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0.DOFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0.DOFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF: works!

>From this, I gather that only one of these lines needs to work.

However, after copying bumblebee-disablecard.xps15 and
bumblebee-enablecard.xps15 over the /usr/local/bin directory, where the
placeholders were installed, I get this result:

# bumblebee-enablecard
WARNING: All config files need .conf:
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf.optiorig, it will be ignored in a future
release.
_PS0 Enabling nVidia Card failed (Error: AE_BAD_PARAMETER).
WARNING: All config files need .conf:
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf.optiorig, it will be ignored in a future
release.
FATAL: Error inserting nvidia_current
(/lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/updates/dkms/nvidia-current.ko): No such
device

This is a bit perplexing, especially when there are .conf files without the
.optiorig in that location.
If I try to run optirun64 glxgears  or  glxinfo I get this:

$ optirun64 glxgears
[VGL] ERROR: Could not open display :1.

Running glxgears or glxinfo without the optirun64 works. Does that mean it
is running with the Intel GPU, but not with the nvidea? I'm still trying to
figure this stuff out.

Tia.

Marvin Budd