using Z1 'stamina' (intel) graphics for hdmi output?

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in using the integrated Intel graphics ('stamina')
on a Vaio Z1 for hdmi output? I could use the Nivida discrete graphics
chip but (1) proprietary nvidia fails to detect my TV's resolution and
(2) nouveau has the correct resolution but doesn't support hdmi sound.

So I am left with using Windows7 to play movies. Less than ideal.

When trying to configure Intel hdmi output with xrandr I get this error:

	pompei kernel: [drm:drm_edid_block_valid] *ERROR* EDID checksum is invalid, remainder is 169

Is it a hardware lock to prevent using integrated graphics for hdmi?
Windows tells me to switch to nvidia in order to display through hdmi.

Using 2.6.39.1 kernel.

Thanks,