Re: Test results for Dell XPS 17 (L702X) - dtbaker

On 30/06/11 08:48, Dave wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 15:37, Dave <dtbaker@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:dtbaker@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> > So optirun seems to work quite well on this laptop as below. Is it
> possible for this optirun/bumblebee setup to work automatically
> without specifying optirun on the command line?
>
> After a reboot glxgears and chrome webgl work fine without the
> "optirun" prefix. They work (didn't before) but they just run crappy.
> I'm getting 6-11 fps on the webgl demo and 60fps on glxgears. Quite
> horrible compared to running with optirun.

Hi Dave,

    Optirun allows you to choose what apps are run through the dedicated
graphics card when a command is wrapped.  By default the system is
running off the integrated Intel graphics.  At this time there isn't
automatic selection of which applications use the dedicated GPU.  This
is really a first step to make its use possible, rather then the end
product for seamless use.

Regards,
Steve