Test results for Dell XPS 17 (L702X) - dtbaker

Hello all,

Quite bummed I didn't research nvidia support on this laptop before I
purchased it. Nvidia worked fine on my old XPS m1730 so I thought it would
work on this new XPS 17. oh well.
So optirun seems to work quite well on this laptop as below. Is it possible
for this optirun/bumblebee setup to work automatically without specifying
optirun on the command line? eg: if I launch google chrome it will
automatically support glx (like my old xps laptop)?

Cheers heaps!
Dave

opening http://webglsamples.googlecode.com/hg/aquarium/aquarium.html in
chrome normally reported my computer did not support webgl
however running chrome through optirun worked fine, here is a screenshot:
http://dtbaker.com.au/webimages/optirun_1.png (63 fps with 1000 fish)

dtbaker@Dellbuntu:~$ glxgears
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual
 (didn't open glxgears)

dtbaker@Dellbuntu:~$ optirun glxgears
2822 frames in 5.0 seconds = 564.188 FPS
2731 frames in 5.0 seconds = 545.975 FPS
Another bumblebee powered application is running, keeping bumblebee alive.

dtbaker@Dellbuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name
Dell System XPS L702X

dtbaker@Dellbuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-version
Not Specified

dtbaker@Dellbuntu:~$ lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0126] (rev 09)
(prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Device
[10de:0dcd] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Follow ups