Re: Start X on nvidia card - xorg.conf BusID

That won't work on Optimus-enabled laptops as they don't have a hardware
mux to connect the Nvidia card to the screen.
The nvidia card is connected to a shared buffer and the intel card is
the one connected to the screen, so it's impossible to use only the
nvidia card on new Optimus laptops.

Been there, done that about six months ago.
The best choice you have to use the card is Bumblebee. To turn it off
use either vga-switcheroo or acpi-call (whichever works best for you)
--
Joaquín Ignacio Aramendía <samsagax@xxxxxxxxx>