A rather interesting development regarding AMD Bacon.

The following image represents Bacon as we and other OEMs know it:
http://i.imgur.com/Zi0Ly.jpg

That may change.

HP will be adding a BIOS switch to their Bacon laptops that will apparently permit all rendering to occur on the on the Radeon GPU while using the IGP exclusively for output.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics-and-Open-GL/td-p/766285

"Update: There is a BIOS update in the works that will allow you to switch from the default Dynamic mode to Fixed mode. Switching to Fixed Mode will allow you to run Open GL programs on the AMD Radeon graphics processor. We will let you know as soon as this is available."

Stay tuned for details. I intend to lead a testing effort for new DSDT/SSDT collection and switch testing once the update comes out.

- Eric

Follow ups