Re: NVIDIA® GeForce GT 540M w/Optimus 1GB on a Toshiba Satellite P750/02J Notebook

On 07/20/2011 02:06 PM, srimalj wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has the current version of Bumblebee been tested to work on the
>
> NVIDIA® GeForce GT 540M w/Optimus 1GB on a Toshiba Satellite P750/02J
> Notebook ?

Hi,

I'm running a Dell XPS 15 L502X with the same graphic card (GT 540M with
Optimus). The OS I'm running is Ubuntu 11.10 Alpha. Bumblebee works
well, gives me a 10x increase in FPS when games are run on the nVidia
card. So, hopefully your laptop should also work well. Bumblebee also
switches off the card when not needed, in my case. But this varies on a
per-laptop basis. Power switching might or might not work with your
laptop, even though both laptops have the same discrete GPU.

Hope this helps,

Bilal Akhtar.