Re: HDMI Audio and nVidia Optimus (on Dell L502X)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:39:32 -0400, Marvin Budd wrote:
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Stevie Trujillo  wrote:
I have a Dell L502X laptop. It got nVidia Optimus using an
integrated Intel together with GT 525M. GT 525M is wired to the
HDMI port.

In Windows 7, a new PCI device (10DE:0BEA) appears providing HDA
after I connect the HDMI cable to my TV (and disappears 30 seconds
after I unplug the HDMI cable). This doesnt happen in Linux - I
dont see the device at all here. I sent an email to nVidia; he was
very nice, but said they dont support Optimus on Linux. I got the
impression that on "normal non-Optimus computers" the HDA device
would be present all the time.

Does anyone know how to get this working in Linux?

My L502X seems to be working under uBuntu. Nothing special. I just
seems to work now, and several of us have added our scripts to the
project. Add http://ppa.launchpad.net/mj-casalogic/bumblebee/ubuntu
[5] to your repositories and watch the scripts for questions you must
answer.

I'm still not able to get it working :( Can you show me
what `cat /proc/asound/cards` and `lspci -nn` looks like with working
HDMI audio? `dmidecode -t 0` (BIOS info) would be nice too.

Thank you!

--
Stevie Trujillo