Yesterday's update

Yesterday uBuntu updates happened. Something on Bumblebee changed as well as
some others. It messed up my display in a way that is hard to describe.
Things were basically in the correct place on the screen, but all text was
flipped vertically, so it looked like a mirror image upside down. For
example menus dropped down, but what should be the top item was on the
bottom in mirror image still reading left to right. To select something you
had to highlight the top item, but what associated with that was on the
bottom of the list. Very confusing.

I used dpkg to uninstall ubuntu-desktop which depended on nvidia, along with
nvidia-common, nvidia-current and nvidia-settings. Now I can see a normal
display. But what happened?

By the way, when Bumblebee upgrades occur is it VERY important to have the
details subwindow open and watch for the prompts. I wish it would just use
the previously given answers when the questions are the same as before. Any
chance of this?

Marvin Budd

Follow ups